Ultimate Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Star Wars Role Playing Game

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides

Go down 
+2
Nuczija
Felix
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 pm

The Admiral listened, paying close attention to the woman's words, only to become confused by the time she had finished. "I'm sorry what?" The admiral said, obvious confusion & anger in his voice. "The Emperor, need not contact such a lowly centre of government, such as a Senate for permission to attend a diplomatic meeting between a neutral power, and the Empire's ally. " The Admiral paused for a few seconds. " Come to think of it, where as they? Surprised to say, that they haven't climbed in this conversation, or even taken it over yet. You Federation types are always willing to step back, when the guys with the bigger stick want there turn."

"Anyways, more important matters are at hand. My ship, the Hood, is carrying a special cargo, intended to attend the diplomatic meeting between the Mandalorians, our allies, and your selfs. It would be a great shame on you're selfs if you were to deny us this, not that you even have the authority to make such a decision." The Admiral said, taunting the woman on the other side
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Galaxus yawned in the middle of the Admiral's speech, weary of his attempts to knock her off balance. "Yeah, right. I promise you aren't going anywhere until you identify this special cargo. And, for your information, I have the highest clearance possible. I am Admiral Syring. Unlike you Imperials, the Federation prides itself in having specimens of all genders within its naval ranks."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 am

He smiled, impressed by his advisories cunning, he hadn't seen a Federation official of this calibre in many a year, it was truly a sight. "Right yes of course, how could I forget that the Federation would give such a lowly job such as yours to an female Admiral, makes sense now." The Admiral paused for a second to take a breathe. "Need I remind you Admiral Syring, that Imperial Diplomatic code, which the Federation more or less copied. Dictates any cargo on a ship carrying diplomats or diplomatic plates, has diplomatic immunity. Since the Federation recognises the Empire as a nation, and we the same as you, then you must adhere to your own laws. Unless of course, you make a habit of braking them."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Galaxus acknowledged the Admiral's lies. How would he tell her about her own government's laws? Hell, her father had a large part in that. She didn't spend several years with the Covenant for nothing--she was forced to learn about what was last of the New Republic and all that their leader had done to bring them to this day. "You will not dictate to me what Federation Protocol is. I know Federation Protocol and it states that any cargo, diplomat or otherwise, must be seen by Federation officials prior to further travel within our space. The fact whether your government is a recognised galactic power or not is none of my concern; the only thing I worry about is the safety of the Federation and doing my job. Apart of my job is enforcing Federation law in our own space, by any means necessary. If you are done bickering, will you oblige to my commands? If so, a boarding party is heading your way as we speak."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am

He could only do one thing at this point, laugh. It was almost a shame at how often the Federation embarrassed them selfs on a daily basis. "Your serious aren't you?" He tried to stay quiet, keeping himself professional, but he couldn't. "So, go ahead, knock you're self out. You know, just remember this is an Imperial Assault Cruiser, a ship designed to house entire armies. She is six kilometres long, three tall & four wide. More than several billion square feet of ship, and you just want to send on a small boarding team, no more than a platoon of Marines. We'll be here all year!"
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 pm

The boarding ship arrived at its designated location, latching itself onto the Imperial Assault Cruiser, "This is the Harmony C-225. Please open your hatch for proper boarding procedure."

From The Penthouse

"I recommend you do what they say before things get ugly. Anyhow, threats shall not be made at this little diplomatic session of ours. Please tend to my Federation officers. They will need to see the commanding officers of your vessel. Lastly, weapons must remain on the ship. This is a Peace Summit, not the Senate." Once she transmitted her message, she switched frequencies and addressed the Mandalorians on another private channel. "My friends from Mandalore, as you may have noticed, we have had an unexpected visitor. Rest assured--this is not of the Federation's doing. The Imperial Assault Cruiser is undergoing a full crew inspection before we see to their request. Have you any news to share about this surprise arrival?"
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 am

"Hm" was all he said, as the discussion ended. There wasn't much to do now anyways, he reactivated his display, which had been repurposed for the use of the conversion just before, and opened up a channel with his Twi'lek aide, Lt. Commander Aria.

"Ah, Admiral, I trust by the lack of a firefight, you were successful?" She answered, with a slight sense of glee in her tone.

"Not quite, the Federation has sent a boarding party, they mean to inspect the ship and her crew. Use a tractor beam to move the ship from the air lock and move them to Hangar-G3. Then have the 1st Shock Trooper Regiment greet them in Hangar-G3, parade stance. As well have the 3rd Marine Military Police Section detain the continent."

"Detain them, sir? Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course. If they want to inspect this ship & her crew, then they do it on our terms."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:20 pm

As the ship was lured into the Assault Cruiser's hangar bay, it undertook the necessary landing procedures and unloaded the boarding party, the ship's crew remaining with the ship, of which included personalized security personnel. While they had no intent of starting a skirmish aboard this warship, any encounter with the Imperials tended to result in bloodshed. Perhaps, they would be more reasonable this time. One could always hope. After all, it was hope that lead those held under captivity of the Empire to freedom during the days of Luke and Leia Skywalker.

"Greetings! I am Inspector Bossk. Now, let us make this as quick as possible. Whom is the commanding officer of this vessel?", enquired the Chief Inspector for this mission. He was determined to do what he must to know the true reason behind the Empire's visit in sacred Federation space, especially uninvited. They were lucky war was not declared, which would have been perfectly justified.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:39 pm

The hangar, usually reserved for the use of starfighter operations, or repair has instead been re-tasked as an ad-hoc parade grounds of sorts, six Battalions of the 1st Shock Trooper Regiment had arranged themselves in a box formation, leaving area for the landing craft to land. Unlike usual the Shock Troopers were in full battle gear, not ceramoriminal dress. Along with them was the Marine Military Police Section (MMPS), effectively the Navies secret police of sorts. The MMPS usually wore uniforms reminiscent of past Imperial services, sometimes a red uniform, others a black uniform, today a white uniform.

Colonel-Commander Hans Litizer Zien stood forward of his collection of peers & inferiors, as the bay door of the Federation door opened up.

The Federation officially introduced himself, in such civiraly that could only be matched with an lowly officer kissing his CO's ass for a promotion. Zien was about to start the 'proceedings', when his chance was hijacked by Lt. Commander Aria, Massimino's little lapdog.

"Pleasure, to have you aboard the Hood." she said, saluting in unison with the colegrate of Officers standing behind her. "Lt. Commander Aria, aide of the Fleet Admiral himself. I have been instructed to temporarily detain you under Section-A114-414G of the Imperial Naval Charter. I assure you this delay is only for the safety of both ourselves, and our own peoples." She paused to let what she had said sink in, then conuited. " You will however have to have all of your ships systems deactivated at all times, and no one will be allowed on board, until you are ready to finish your search. Speaking of which, assuming you comply you will have unrestricted access to the Hood & her crew for your time here, if not, then we'll be forced to arrest you & your men, and return you to the Federation. Do I make myself clear?" The Twi'lik finished, not even batting an eyelash.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 pm

The Inspector shook his head; if the Imperials had forewarned him of their regulations, he would have been more properly...prepared, in a sense. After speaking with the rest of the boarding party, a consent was made. "Very well. We shall follow your protocols, but know that we do this out of mere respect for the Empire. Nothing more. Nothing less. You should also know that your laws bear no significance in Federation land. You cannot claim diplomatic immunity upon yourself in another's space without a treaty or agreement in place with the signature of our respective legislative bodies. Keep that in mind next time you plan on dictating Regulations. Now, my crew shall stay with my vessel. Have what security you wish, but by Federation Law, of which you must adhere to due to your being within our space, we have the right away. You don't do anything without our consent. I hope that is clear with you. Now, let's not dwell on the past. Take me to this 'prized cargo'. I wish to know every individual that is vital to your reason here that is aboard this vessel."
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 pm

"Sir!" A guard said as he hurriedly rushed to Baatir's side. "What? That's quite rude, interrupting our conversation! Why, this can change the face of the galaxy!" Baatir exclaimed at the guard, what incompetence! Especially from a professional soldier from the Royal Guard. "We have a serious problem. An Imperial Cruiser is taking course here." the guard hastily replied to the Prime Minister. Why, how did the Imperials know of this meeting? This was serious indeed, an ally can quickly turn into an enemy, or accidentally strike an ally.

"Members of the Alliance Delegation, I do bring forth, grave news." Prime Minister Baatir stated, voice slightly raised to bring attention to this important matter. The atmosphere became grim as he spoke, Mandalorians did not speak lightly at the word grave, war was their life. "The Imperials have decided to send forth a lone assault cruiser to our summit." Prime Minister said. "Grand Master, surely this breaches some protocol, that you may act upon?" Prime Minister Baatir questioned at the Grand Master.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Illador bowed his head in acknowledgement of the Prime Minister's indication to rise to their aid. "So I have been informed, Prime Minister. Fear not, however. We have people taking care of the situation already. Would you have any idea pertaining to their presence in our system, especially when uninvited? This action is rather rash and could have been rather aggressive if we didn't have the right people in charge. The world this is coming to..." the Grand Master shook his head, heaving a light sigh. The Chief of State and the Grand Master exchanged faces of mutual understanding and hoped to carry on with the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 pm

"From my knowledge, we are on good terms with the Imperials. If you ask me, I will have no idea how they know of this. I am not a man of the military, maybe my security chief can say it better." Prime Minister Baatir said, directing the attention to his chief in light of his ignorance on the situation. "Well, it is entirely possible, that the Empire followed us. Or were told by someone in one of yours or our agencies." The Security Chief stated. "But, why now? Maybe the Imperials wish to join in on this union?" Prime Minister Baatir said, it would bring true peace to the galaxy for once. But what were the chances?
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm

The Chief of State rose from his seat to speak, having been silent for far too long already. "While numerous possibilities exist, the possibility that they followed us must be struck from our minds. We left from our Capital. It would be impossible to track our location while we are travelling in hyperspace. Same with you and the Mandalorian Delegation."

"And it is unlikely they seek to attend a Peace Summit that was only known by the Triumvirate and our Cabinet. Our location should be unknown. Are you positive none of your men contacted the Empire?", the Grand Master asked.

Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:41 pm

"It is entirely possible that the Empire have been told. By whom, I do not know. Thousands have witnessed our travel through the crew of our ships and our aides. But likely, it is someone in this very room..." the Prime Minister said, it'd surely surge the atmosphere with paranoia and doubt. A traitor among friends is a very serious matter.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Seeing the distrust and confusion befall the atmosphere, the Chief of State stepped forward, the Grand Master strolling off to the Chief's left.

"Whether the would-be traitor is in our midst or not, these talks must proceed. We shall watch for this traitor. Until such time that the conference is over, no specimen shall leave this room without full inspection. Standard Protocol, of course."

"Prime Minister, the moment your Federation decides it needs to possess more control than my government, you should know that we walk. No questions asked. If you want to make this work, I only pray that you offer something less rational and more reasonable, something that doesn't revive the Empire of old."

Watching every man's movements and facial expressions carefully, the Master Jedi glared at the Prime Minister, still upholding his duly-deserved formality when addressing him. "Your Excellency, perhaps it was you that accidentally spilled word to your counterparts? It happens to the best of us."

Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:01 am

Aria looked over the man, as he attempted to lay the law of the land. "Yeah ... no." She said, in a condescending tone. "If you knew anything about Imperial laws, which you apparently don't. You'd know that all Imperial Military vessels are considered sovereign land of the Empire. Since you are standing on an Imperial ship, you adhere to our laws. Unless of course you wish to cause a diplomatic incident. Which would be a, most unfortunate turn of events."

Aria turned to look at Zien, "The Colonels job here is to make sure you aren't a threat to the security of this ship, and thus so, you will have to hand over any weapons or armour you carry. Only then, will you be granted permission to meet with the Fleet Admiral, who inturn will show you why you came here." The Twi'lek finished her speech, with a nod to the Inspector, she turned her heels and left the hangar bay.

Colonel Zien looked over to the Federation Inspector and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:09 pm

"You honestly believe you hold any rights in Federation space? If you knew anything about Galactic Law, you'd know that your Imperial sovereignty ceases to exist,especially since there is no standing mutual agreement between our governments. We could have blown you out of the skies the moment you entered our space without permission, but we chose the diplomatic resort. If you want peace, which is what I presume you are here for, if not, spices, then I suggest you drop the act and don't try to step on my shoes. The end result will be your defeat, my friend. Now, in the name of the Federation, your ship will be subject to full inspection or the maximum penalty of the law. Further questioning will only lead to your arrest. Believe me when I say they didn't pick me as Inspector for nothing. Any more questions? Good." Not wasting his time any longer, the Inspector and his assigned boarding party saluted to the crew of the Assault Cruiser and quickly made their leave from the hangar bay, with the intention of searching every aspect of the vessel, as they were entitled. Their first destination would be the Bridge.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 2:19 pm

"Ahem" Colonel Zien said, as the Federation inspection team seemingly talked to themselves ... and just walked away. Completely ignoring their prior agreement with the Aria. Zien turn to look at the inspection team, and waved his hand to several Shock Troopers who promptly covered the exit off the Hangar.

Zien tisked as he walked towards the stalled team. "Just where did you think you were going? You honestly think you're just going to be allowed walk around this ship un-escorted, without handing in your weapons, or adhering to our agreement before? You are lucky I simply didn't just have my men gun you down." Zien said, staring at Bossk. "Return to your ship, until you are called upon, now."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:54 pm

The Inspector could only chuckle at the colonel's foolish attempts to subdue the renowned inspector. "Don't threaten me, my friend. This is my bloody space. If you have a problem with it, do find yourself out of this Federation-owned system, or would you like me to contact your superiors? I rather not let this get ugly. And let us get one thing straight - I agreed to being detained, escorted, and the deactivation of my ship's systems. Not being detained, escorted, deactivation of my ship's systems, stripped of all my weapons, and treated like slaves. You, Imperials, must know your place. I don't care if the Emperor HIMSELF was on this ship. You will follow protocol regardless. My government would do the same for yours. The least you can do is do the same for us. Either you let us through, bring the cargo to us, or we just bicker about it all day. Your choice, really. And if you even try to arrest me and my men under your powerless protocols, you will have violated Federation Law 001B-Section 2A and subject to the full penalty of the law, even if that means deactivation of your vessel. Don't toy with me."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:39 pm

The Colonel could only smile at the Inspectors remarks, this alien was starting to get a little too ... annoying for Zien's tastes. He held his arm up, a order for the Shock Troopers to ready himself's ... for combat. While not every single man of the 1,500 man strong Regiment readied their weapons sights upon the Federation inspection team, at least several hundred of them had.

"Care to say any last words?" Zien boasted, he had surrounded the Federation team with enough men to fill a building, of course he could boast about his limpless victory.

"STAND DOWN, NOW!" Bellowed a voice, that just screamed of authority. It was Fleet Admiral Massimino. Every trooper in the room suddenly held their guns in a non-threatening manner, while the Colonel stood there, dumbfounded. "What the bloody hell you think you're doing? Are you TRYING to cause a fucking war? Guards arrest the Colonel."

The Admiral tightened up his Imperial Naval Uniform, stared at the Colonel has he was dragged away by his own troops. Then approached Bossk, a man he had seen before.

"Navy Inspector Bossk." the Admiral said, sighing. "I really have no idea what to say. I ask my Officers to follow protocol, which we all must follow." He said, staring straight at Bossk as he said that. "It saddens my officers think they can just try and kill foreign officers, aboard my ship. If you wish, you can have the Colonel charged in you're own courts."

"Anyways, back to business. I am Fleet Admiral Massimino, and I command this beauty of a ship. I came here seeking peace, yet it seems my men don't understand that simple concept. I think will skipl skip protocol today."

Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Bossk shook his head as the colonel dared to strike the man. It was unfortunate he had never gotten the chance. Instead, a man he had met once before prevented the Inspector from incurring his last breath. No worries, old friend. It brings back memories of the Twi'lek Incursion. Were you not a colonel yourself then?, Bossk said playfully. "Ah, peace. Always something to aim for. Who are you looking for? And why come to this planet specifically?"
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:20 pm

The Admiral had a sigh of relief, it felt like a ton of weight had been lifted of his mind, as Bossk accepted his apologies. "A Colonel? No, no, no I was just a lowly Lieutenant Commander back then. Now I command not just a mere ship, but entire fleets of ships. It's a scary experience sometimes, I'll say that." Massimino stopped for a second, then changed his stance to more serious manner. "I'll be frank Mr. Bossk. The Emperor is on this ship. He wants in on the Union meeting."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Bossk was bedazzled to hear of such tidings. Could it be? The Emperor was on this very vessel? And could it be that word slipped to the Emperor of the meeting? "How could he have known? It was deemed strictly classified. May I speak with him? This is quite an urgent matter." As the Inspector awaited the Admiral, one of the crewman relayed the conversation to their respective intelligence departments.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm

"Honestly, I've no idea how we found out, I'm not a spook. I command ships, not spies. If anyone knew, it would be Fenric, our Chief of Intelligence, but to my knowledge, he is not on this ship. I will take you to the Emperor, but The Emperors Security detail, are a paranoid bunch, even harder than ol' Zien." Massimino stopped, and held his ear as someone contacted him via his earpiece.

"I'd appreciate it, if you didn't tell everyone in your fleet. That wasn't exactly the most encrypted messages you sent, Anyone could of picked that up." the Admiral fixed his uniform up again.

"Mr. Bossk, The Emperor will see you; please follow me." Aria said, apparently appearing out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next