Ultimate Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Star Wars Role Playing Game

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides

Go down 
+2
Nuczija
Felix
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:44 am

Eddard smirked, fine player of words this fellow was, a Jedi he was indeed. He relaxed his posture, then began. "Way to not even actually answer my question, well played. But still, answer the question. What of the Jedi? If everyone else must conform, then so must the Jedi. The point of my statement was, if the Jedi get free pass, so do the Fists & Knights. It's only fair, you as a Jedi of all people, should understand the concept of fair, not swaying words like a petty street merchan."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Illador gleamed as the Emperor spoke, his words of treachery furthering. What would become of this night? Would the Emperor feed on his selfish needs to get control of this Union, that would fairly represent everyone? That would make humans, even aliens, equal to each other? Could they truly bear such? Then again, what choice would they have? If the Mandalorians and the Federation came together, their force would be even stronger than it is individually and could certainly wage war against the Empire and obliterate them in all but one blow. "I remind you that I am no politician, but a humble man of many words. The Jedi are in no way connected to the political realm of this galaxy. While we utilize what force we have to ensure peace in this universe, which tends to cause us to cooperate with the politicians in relation to my previous statement, but we are an independent entity, not bound by the Galactic Union Agreement. We are the peacekeepers of this Galaxy by default. The Knights and Fists came long after the birth of our peaceful Order. The Knights and Fists are merely subdivisions of your respective governments, like the Federation's numerous peacekeeping units. Perhaps, they may have greater advantages since your governments waste their finances on such units, but they are still equal to any soldier we have. Can we now move on? You will keep us here all day. I have a feeling you will simply cry if you do not get your way, when you were not even invited to this Conference in the first place. Anyhow, if you wish to pursue the bickering, continue it elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:50 pm

"We could, if you stopped the Bullshit Illador." Eddard stated, being abrupt was necessary at this moment, to Eddard at least. Illador was a man of words, and he was passing on the point, not answering what was asked. Then went on to contradict his own words. "Five freaking minutes ago, you called yourself and your order, the Judicial Branch of the Galactic Federation, and only now! You deny this? You say you want equality, then act like you want it. Otherwise the point of this Union, is nothing more than a sham. And to think it was the Jedi, of all people who would destroy this ideal, is just pitiful. How about act like the people you claim to be Master Illador, or just leave this meeting."
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Mand'alor was getting angrier with each passing sentence, what bias from the... The Jedi of all people?! He calmed himself to the point of not shouting, and was about to speak. "Well, the Emperor has a point, the Jedi are a subdivision of the Galactic Federation." Prime Minister Baatir stated, strategically interrupting Mand'alor on purpose. He didn't want the meeting to end so soon, so abruptly, and all chance to be lost for quite a while. "Surely, if the Jedi are peacekeepers, where were they the last two hundred years, where war and crime run rampant? Oh, they were the Federation's judicial branch, they only serve to capture those labeled criminals by anyone who speaks out against the government. Seems even speech is illegal." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, he would not be kept quiet!
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

"Do not fool yourselves. The Jedi are a peacekeeping order. While we are allies with the Galactic Federation as it stands today for the sake of enforcing peace in this galaxy, we are not willing to give up our individuality since I stand before you today as a representative of the Peace. Nothing more, nothing less. We are not a government. We are an Order. Since we do not need to make amends with any galactic power, the Jedi need not partake in this document, but I will push for it as a current political representative in the Federation."

"We've always been here, helping when and where we can, Prime Minister. We did not serve the Federation's wishes. We had our own agenda separate from the Feds."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:57 am

"No." Eddard stated. "Do you seriously want this meeting to fall thru? Your very words were 'We must all be equal'[/i and [i]'The Jedi are the Judicial Branch the Galactic Federation', in what way Illador, does that make you not part of the Federation? You are part of the Federation, so you must conform, or must the entire Galaxy know that this Union failed, because the Jedi were too petty to conform to their own words?"

Eddard stopped to catch a breath, yet never stopped staring at Illador, then he continued. "So, Master Jedi, what is? Are you going to follow your own words and Ideals, or are you going to lie to yourself and everyone in this room?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am

Illador would not allow the Emperor to commit him to foolery before his own men, before his fellow leaders of the Federation. "I suppose my words were mistaken and rather incorrect before. The Jedi's relationship with the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances is very complicated. We defend them because they are our allies and because they hold similar core values as we do, minus the bureaucracy. That is why we are known as the unofficial Judicial Branch of the Federation, as when called upon, we often meet the need of the Federation so long it is with good faith and for the better good of the Galaxy."

"By 'we must all be equal', I meant in the context that the Federation, the Empire, and the Mandalorians should all be equal when signing this Union and conforming to its clauses. I did not speak on behalf of the Jedi, but as a respected individual of the Galactic Federation, as I am in the position I am today as liaison to the Jedi, but, most importantly, in the eyes of the Senate anyway, the Triumvir who has the most knowledge of the great evil politics can bear and the galaxy's history from the beginning of time. Not to mention, my extensive wisdom in regards to defensive measures and tactics. I will not get into all of that, however. I guarantee you that this Union will not fall with the Jedi's unwillingness to give itself off to the Union, as the Jedi were never intended to be apart of this Union in the first place, and that is something you must understand."

"I lie to no one. I speak the absolute truth, you fool. Do not dare make allegations against me when you very well know they are false. I will not stand here and be mocked by a man that doesn't have the capacity of bearing true integrity and honour. Surely, you would be the downfall of this Union? Then again, I suppose that is your real reason here, or has the Empire suddenly had a change in political stance?"

Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am

"The Empire probably never intended to be apart of this union either, but he's here..." Prime Minister Baatir retorted to his Jedi colleague, he wasn't adding fire to the flame, merely making a point. "So the Jedi are a paramilitary order that illegally arrests civilians? That doesn't make much sense..." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, it would be true if they were an unofficial judicial branch. It'd possibly revert the majority of all convictions in the GFFA... "If the Jedi refuse to conform, and adhere to this union... Then they will be taxed and regulated as an order with military grade weapons. Given the laws, and your previous funding from government subsidies, that will be revoked due to not being apart of the treaty. Given the circumstances, you won't survive long." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, a bold series of statements at that fact. The Jedi did heavily depend on subsidies from the GFFA, with said subsidy gone and taxation to be resumed, it'll be a bad situation.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:32 pm

"Then by all means, if you won't stand in-front of me, leave." Eddard bluntly stated. "Hell, you might just be doing yourself a favour doing so. Though, if the past ten-minutes are anything to go by, then you'll end up saying you never said that." Eddard a small laugh to himself, after mentally joking with himself. "And of course, if the Jedi thing falls threw, you'd be a great Street Merchant."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 pm

"Mandalorians, you, too, are greatly mistaken. We are merely sponsored by the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. Any government can empower us to arrest those that have wronged them, but it is ultimately the choice of the Jedi if they wish to pursue such arrests. After all, not everyone the Federation declares criminals are criminals. That is why weh ave the Investigation Unit of the Federation, which sees to all of that. So let me say this again for clarity: we are not obligated to arrest anyone, but the Federation Senate has granted us such powers, our alliance having always been stronger than ever. Even after this Union, the Jedi will still be allies of the Galactic Union, as the Federation would not dare dispute us simply because you want to have your way with the Jedi Order. I know you, Emperor."

"We cannot be taxed as we have our own planets that are under our protection and governance. You know nothing of the Order. Despite what you hear in the tabloids, we do have our own treasury, we are capable of sustaining ourselves--"

"But the Federation is not willing to allow such a thing to occur when the Jedi have always been by its side." President Omar snidely remarked as he made his return into the deliberation chambers. The Jedi gleamed, in high spirits that a new voice could shed some light. The President was known for his way with words, he had gotten the Federation out of numerous "sticky" situations that could have been the very obliteration of their government at one point or another. "Taxation will never be granted unto the Jedi. They are the reason why we are all here today, believe it or not. Once upon a time, if the Empire was permitted to run rampant, we'd still be under the rule of the dreaded Palpatine and none of us would be free; the Federation would cease to exist, even the Mandalorians would have crumbled. Are you two interested in getting peace at all, or has this become all about the Jedi?"

Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:43 pm

"If any government can sponsor you, then why have you continually only accepted the Federation? People have literally died in front of members of your order, help refused simply because you refuse to align with anyone else." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, he was getting more frustrated with each passing moment in this meeting. "The Jedi have a treasury?" Prime Minister Baatir stated, curiously. He never heard of anything like this. "I thought Credits corrupted people, and caused conflicts, according to your order. And the likelihood that the money is Alliance Tax Money is almost guaranteed." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, he was right to a point. Whether the Jedi still believed it or not, it has caused a great many conflicts before.

Then President Omar barged into the room, great... Now the talks will take a much longer. "Please do not lecture us about events that happened. Over 700 years ago..." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, "History is direly important, it always repeats. Remembering simply stalls said repeat. Better than having it happen many times." Prime Minister Baatir retorted to Mand'alor. "Right, right..." Mand'alor Jurkadir retorted, almost to the point of mumbling. "If I do remember correctly, the Empire actually treated the Mandalorians' very well. Even to the point of thriving under the Empire. Mining of Mandalorian Iron was elevated and improved our economy, one of the special units within the Empire compromised exclusively of Mandalorians." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated. "Even their premier bounty hunter, Boba Fett was Mandalorian, Mand'alor at that fact." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, following up on his previous statement.

"Well, if the Jedi refuse to conform and adhere to the treaty..." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, he re-positioned himself on his seat. Was he about to let go finally? His quieting voice signalled such, it must be! "Then they will be an entity separate from the Galactic Union. I wish to have the constitution specify that judicial duties shall not be given to foreign powers, to maintain security and stability in this Union. Surely the people would support it, how many want to outsource work?" Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, he was much more calm now than before. His ruse of letting up about the Jedi probably worked, only to be slammed by a technicality.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Eddard kept himself quiet as Jurkaidr and Illador battled out with each others words, he wanted to know their words, then their neck. After Jurkadirs outburst, Eddard climbed in. "The way this council would work, basically means the Federation would become a minority in power, the Imperial & Mandalorian representatives could easily block any proposal set forth by the Federation detailing the Jedi. Not to mention the fact a majority vote, all of two against one. Could easily just outlaw the Jedi, if they so wished. I'm sure, the fact that there would be even more Mandalorian and Imperial aligned planets with in the Senate, would not help the Jedi one bit."

Eddard paused to take a breath, and a drink of water, then he continued. "They say, those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it. But the very man who said that, also said history was nothing more than a pack of lies, so by all accounts all we are doomed to recommit are lies."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Illador and President Omar grew restless. They were the honoured guests. Did the Mandalorians forget that? Why propose the Galactic Union Agreement if hours later, you'd strive for its defeat? The Empire had to snick its antagonistic arse into the situation as well, as if that made it any better. For some odd reason, the Mand'alor and Prime Minister had much more to say than before the Emperor's arrival. While the Grand Master was oblivious to this sighting, Omar was well aware. He was not too keen on allowing this Agreement to go through, but as he thought repeatedly, it was the will of the Senate, of his people. It was for better or for worse. If for better, he would be pat on the back. If for worse, let the gods speak. Cal tried to wrap things up, hoping to be as clear as possible. "Mand'alor, I can speak for the Jedi when I say this, but they denied no one. The thing is--the Federation and the Jedi have a great many similarities with the exception of our bureaucratic nature. The Mandalorians and the Empire have not been the ones to negotiate peace before, nor has a request ever been made to the Jedi. Do not start arguments where there need be none, my friend."

"Aye, Prime Minister, the Jedi do indeed have a treasury. They survive in this galaxy just like we do, but fulfil a greater mandate than any galactic power combined. In my eyes, they fulfil a purpose that goes beyond this sphere of life."

"The greed of Credits corrupts people, Mand'alor. Not the credits themselves. The money is not Tax money either so do excuse your mouth. You know nothing about the Federation. Continue acting like it and I will accuse you of espionage and we will simply disband this Summit."

"It matters not when events happened, but how they happened, why they happened, and who they happened to. It is the ancestors of many of the Federation's citizens that were slaughtered at the hands of the Empire, a vital factor in why so many distrust the Empire, why the Empire is deemed the greatest evil other than the forgotten Sith to have ever been birthed and lurked this galaxy since the New Era."

"While that is true , Mand'alor, the Mandalorians of Old had a terrible leader, a leader that waged wars because of personal vendettas. "

"Listen, Mand'alor. You invited us here. If you are not willing to accept the Jedi for who they are, for what they represent, then the Federation has no business here."

"Emperor, how so? As soon as this Agreement is signed, the Galactic Council will comprise of the Chief of State, the Emperor, the Prime Minister, and two other Advisory Councillors, who shall be addressed as Alphas, as elected by the Galactic Assembly. Once our term as Alphas has come to an end, all five positions will be filled by those nominated and elected by the Galactic Assembly. Simple as that."

Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 am

"Yes, Illador." Eddaed stated." Correct you are there, but again the Empire and Mandalorians would dominate said senate, meaning these 'Alphas' as you say, will be elected by a pro Mandalorian & Imperial Galactic Assembly, meaning we would again dominate said ruling council, that is how."

Eddard sat back, and held his hands together in a Cathedral like shape, and simply looked at those before this table
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 pm

"I am glad you are so confident in your efforts to take advantage of the Galactic Union. Very Imperial of you and rather naughty. Unfortunately, the Galactic Federation has the most massive population amongst all the galactic powers. It could never be matched, but not all of them are Senators, neither are your people, Mand'alor, or yours, Your Highness. At the signing of the Union Agreement, you will be required to have senators for each planet serve in the Senate as well, each senator representing about 50-200 worlds. Eventually, it will be time for the elections and a Senator will either remain or a new one appointed, but our populations will most likely intertwine and who is the next senator of Bastin V? It could be what you would call a 'former Federation citizen', or even Mandalorian. Everything will be fair and justified."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm

"Wow, you are a fool. A fool who does not know how large the Galaxy is. The Mandalorians own ten planets for everyone you have, they have a million people for every thousand you have, they have a hundred warships for your ten. Not to mention the part where the Empire owns twenty percent of the Known Galaxy, which is forty-trillion planets might I add, even with your most retarded Senatorial system, the Federation would be outnumbered twenty to one. To add onto said system, one Senator for fifty inhabited planets? What kind of system is that? A easily corrupted one, one where no one had their say, as forty-nine people need to get in line for their voices to be heard over the one infront of them."

"Senates do not work, when they are meant to be in charge the galaxy. With you each planet having their own say, they would simply refuse to commit, You can't expect fifty planets worth of people to trust one mere person to make sure they are heard. The Republic of Old, worked because it was not trying to rule the Galaxy, but simply guide it along a path of organized Chaos."
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

"Espionage? So you not only arrest citizens, but foreign nationals for mere speech... And If by terrible, you refer to Mand'alor The Immortal of the Bloody Core Wars..." Mand'alor stated, pausing for a moment. "...He was a great leader, for reasons I can go on days about." Mand'alor followed up.

The Mandalorian delegation then waited for the Emperor to speak. Nearly a mini-speech at that rate.

"Well, there is many reasons contributing to this... And why must the direction be directed at us, Emperor?" Prime Minister Baatir stated, "A compliment is a compliment, feelings of others may be hurt, but we can't control the speech of others." Mand'alor stated, he was actually targeting the GFFA with that sentence, alluding that they're an intelligence state.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Master Illador smiled at the easily mislead people. "Catch up on your facts. The Mandalorians are short several hundred planets than the Federation. Their scientists have attested to such already. No wonder you aren't the most intelligent galactic power."

"Mand'alor, may I ask what espionage you speak of? It seems you are making random statements to draw us away from the point of this conference."

"Emperor, the Republic of Old even had a Senator representing 50-200 worlds, which is often the amount of worlds per a system. It has worked then, it has worked through the waning days of the New Republic, it has worked for the Rebel Alliance, it has worked for the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, it has even worked for the Empire of Old, and it WILL work for the Galactic Union. My government refuses to have the Empire barge in on these talks and expect to get every little thing they bicker about. Whether you like it or not, you are not the leader of the Union. You are not a leading faction. We are uniting. Our positions will cease to exist and we will assume the roles of Alphas, of leaders of the people, of warriors fighting for the ongoing survival of our people united and the galaxy as a whole."

"The Senator will be elected by the governments of each planet, each planet bearing a single vote. That single vote is decided by the majority of the populace. Citizens of the Union could address us if they so wish, one at a time of course, and the Galactic Assembly would hear all of their cries for justice and whatnot. With an Assembly as the legislative authority of the Galactic Union, the Executive Branch will always be kept in check and if the legislative body abuses its power, there is the Judicial Branch to keep it in order. And if all three were to grow corrupt, the Jedi Order, as the Union's allies, are welcomed to step in and do what they must to ensure the Galactic Union resumes its state of peace and order."

"This Union will work with an Assembly whether you like it or not. So don't try to shoot the idea of an Assembly down, but rather encourage it or propose amendments to its establishment or structure."

Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 am

Eddard simply didn't wait for Illador to finish, and burst in. "The Republic of Old?" Eddard let out an grand laugh at the Jedi's feeble words. "The oh so fabled Republic of Old, was nothing more than a collection of failed states, barely even banded together. The Senate of the Republic, was nothing more than a bunch of spoilt bunch of bribed arseholes. Who did anything in their power to earn a buck."

Eddard let out another laugh, this one seemingly a joke in his head. "You boy, need to catch up on Stellar cartography. A system in a collection of celestial bodies in orbit of a Star. If there is fifty, never mind two-hundred bodies orbiting this star, or stars. Then something is seriously wrong with this system and it will soon end up killing it's self."

"What you forget, my Jedi friend, that what you speak of is, a sector. not a System. A sector which includes hundreds of systems, and Over-sectors which includes hundreds of sectors."

Eddard sat back again, relaxing his posture than spoke. "Again, Senates don't rule Galaxies. Senates run planets."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 am

The Master Jedi was appalled at the Emperor's actions. Interrupting a Jedi? was this foul creature mad? "Listen, you degrading imperialist, inevitable in this quarreling galaxy
of ours, peace is. Halt nothing, you will. Further your accusations
and, see to it personally you are escorted out, will I."

"Yes, what I referred to, sector is. This is how it is to be if, to have a senate function efficiently and properly, are we."

"Mand'alor, prime minister, your thoughts how about sharing, hmm?
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm

"Did you suddenly become illiterate?" Eddard asked the Jedi Grand Master, after his sudden change of demeanor. He chuckled to himself, as he had done many times since he had joined this meeting. " You say I should be removed, because I accuse you of some nothing. Yet you are the one who suddenly lost a considerable amount of Intelligence. Unless of course, your intentions were to see yourself become an idiot?"

"However" Eddard got in before Illador or the Mandalore could reply to his words. "We are not here to debate the Idiocracy of the Jedi here, but to someone fix the mother of all cluster fucks."
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:41 pm

"Your Chief of State, Cal Omar accused me of espionage. Telling me that if I continued, I shall be accused of espionage, for merely speaking my opinion." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated. He cleared his throat so that me may speak clearly. "If, your senate has worked so well... Then why did the Confederation of Independent Systems cause so much damage during the Clone Wars, to what they called zero representation? It even destroyed your Republic, you became an Empire, which was an improvement that continues to live to this day...!" Mand'alor Jurkadir exclaimed, this was becoming a heated debate really fast.

"Well, I for one would like to bring up something... Less hostile." Prime Minister Baatir stated. "This system, has many faults. For one, how can we expect an assembly of thousands to be free of corruption, if it's so difficult to do so on the scale of a city alone?" Prime Minister Baatir stated. He held a valid point, they'd need a system to prevent it. It'd need to be a rather massive system too, considering the assembly would have thousands of senators.

"So you're asking us, to conform to the Alliance entirely, and we're entitled to no opinions at all?" Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, the Alliance was buffing off everyone's opinions and enforcing their own. "If the Jedi aren't going to be apart of this union, why are they here? And, just a second ago, you were speaking proper Imperial Basic, but what are you speaking now?" Mand'alor Jurkadir stated.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Ignoring the Emperor's rude allegations, the Jedi calmly responded to the Mandalorians, "No, Chief Omar to you anyway, was merely informing you of the possible outcome, not decreed by himself, but by the Senate. We are funny about the leak of our information. We pride ourselves in having the greatest technology and intelligence on the face of this galaxy. You may have your thoughts on what we deem fact, but save that for another time, I beg of thee."

"Our Senate is much different from the Old Republic Senate. Many Senators then grew corrupt--the very reason the Old Republic fell. Our Senators are of a pure heart and planetary governments ensure that, for if their planetary representatives act out of conduct, it only reflects and hurts their nature and reputation respectively. The Republic became no such empire. The Empire was a whole new faction, birthed from the remnants of the Republic. The Republic stood for peace, democracy, and stability. The moment the Emperor forsook the core values of the Republic was the moment that the people of the Republic lost hope in their government, the moment that fear struck the galaxy, the moment that democracy was abolished. That moment was when the Republic was destroyed and a whole new government discovered."

"As I stated, Prime Minister, planetary governments know how their representatives to act. We have guidelines in the Senate. This Galactic Assembly would acquire such guidelines, or Rules of Conduct, as well. We also have institutions that would ensure politicians are not falling towards corruption, as we do now."

"Mand'alor, this is no alliance. It is a Union. We all merge. We will all have our separate opinions, but they will still be contributed to one primary body, to the betterment of our united government. The Jedi are our allies currently and the Jedi Grand Master a Triumvir as it stands, regardless of what the future beholds."

"I apologize for my language...I--uhh--I just felt a sudden burst of hesitation for a moment."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 am

" Master Illador. Chief of State Cal Omar. Manda'lor Jurkadir. Prime Minister Baatir. " Eddard specifically stated there names, to get there attention, and get all eyes on him. " We are all here, to make a new age happen, a time in the galaxy were our children's children won't have to fear being drafted, because someone started a war. No, the reason for this Union is for peace. This meet proposed by the Mandalorians, agreed upon by both of you. You envision the creation of a great new nation, the Galactic Union, this supranational organization which will eventually encompass the Mandalorians, the Galactic Federation, and the Galactic Empire. Yet it seems we can not get past the stage of petty bitterness. The mere fact, we are all here. Means we want this to happen, and we are ready for it. "

" Yet, we can do nothing but argue with one another? That says a lot about us, we all plan on becoming a Ruling Council of this Supranational Galactic Union, yet we can't even agree to who will rule it. Who are we, to say we are fit to rule this Union? When we can't even decide upon one thing. "

" I came to this meeting, uninvited, unannounced. Because I believed that his Union would succeed. But these past few hours, have once again cast doubt on my judgement. I'm not sure if this Union was for the best. "

" Unless, we change. This Union, will not last. It would die before we did. "
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Chief Omar, stunned at the speech from the Emperor, was emotionless to the naked eye. To avoid revealing his shock he remained in the shadows, where he felt most safe. He would be a vital factor in the approval of this Summit, but he knew this was not for the greater good. Eventually, it would tear apart. The Empire would rule. Chaos would unleash. However, if it be the will of the people, it be the will of Cal Omar, the President of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. He could not allow this catastrophe to continue. He could not allow such beings of extraordinary significance be degraded by meaningless tantrums and falsehoods. The Emperor, surprisingly, was correct. To achieve what would be the galaxy's greatest moment in history, would be to achieve the impossible, which in this twisted universe of ours, would be very possible. It was time for change, he resolved. It was time for a step forward. Not back, not stationed at the same place. It was time the people were heard, the people of this galaxy were freed. It was time. "While I am reluctant to speak, I afraid I must. I must agree with His Highness. We are all respected individuals. We have been entrusted with superb executive powers from our people. Without them, we are lost. Without them, we are not the Chief of State, the Grand Master of the Jedi, the Ruler of the Galactic Empire, the Prime Minister of the Mandalorian Federation, the Mand'alor of the Mandalorian Clans. We are but insignificant specimens quarreling and trying to get our voice heard above each others. I say no more! No more! We have come here for a purpose, a purpose I may not be all wholehearted about, but a purpose nonetheless. A purpose that can benefit all components of this new-found Union. A purpose that shall establish peace, stability, democracy, and justice in the universe. We will not rule, but guide. We will not destroy, but punish in the name of justice. We will not conquer, but make peace. We will begin a new age. A new era shall commence this very day. The greatest moment in history will be NOW. Our future is NOW. WE are NOW. For the sake of all that is holy, it is time for change. IT IS TIME. Let us make peace in this galaxy. Let us be....united. ALL FOR ONE?", stated the Chief of State.

All in response replied, "And one for all."

"WE will not be perfect, but we shall do our best. We will work out our disputes amongst ourselves for the betterment of our people. We shall be an Incorporating Union, with all of us sacrificing something for the central government, for the greater good of the Galaxy and our people!"

Without further ado the Chief of State slapped the Treaty of Galactic Unity, also known as the Galactic Union Agreement, or the Integration of Galactic Powers Unity Act, on the table. There was a placeholder for the leaders of the Mandalorian Federation, the Galactic Empire, and the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances respectively.

"The time is now."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next